Hi! I’m Pengyu Liu, a senior major in computer science at Yao Class, the best undergraduate class in China founded by Professor Andrew Yao, Tsinghua University.
- Interests in quantum computation, quantum information, and quantum computer systems.
- Solid physics and computer science background: Rank 7th nationwide in Chinese Physics Olympiad, 1st in Yao Class.
- Two year’s research experience in quantum entanglement, quantum compiler, and quantum computer systems.
- Over ten years of leadership experience, good at planning and communication, devoted to public welfare.
Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Science Tsinghua University, Beijing
IIIS, Yao Class, established by Professor Andrew Yao. Aug. 2019 - July 2023(est.)
- Overall GPA: 3.97/4.00 (1/30, 4.00/4.00 in all required major courses).
Courses with grade A+ (100/100):
- Computational Thinking and System Design Foundations and Practice
- Quantum Computer Science
- Introduction to Databases
- Fundamentals of Physics (3)
- Quantum Communication and Cryptography
- Operating System
- Advanced Quantum Information Theory
- Research Immersion Training
- English capability:
- TOEFL: 112/120. Reading: 30, Listening: 29, Speaking: 24, Writing: 29
- GRE: 333/340. Quant: 170, Verbal: 163, AW: 4.5
- 2018 Chinese Physics Olympiad, Gold Medal (Rank 7th national-wide).
- 2019 Freshman Award, Tsinghua University.
- 2019-2020 Comprehensive Excellent Award, Tsinghua University (1/91, Highest honor).
- 2020-2021 Outstanding Youth, Tsinghua University (2/91).
- 2021-2022 Yao Award, Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences.
Fundamental Limitation on the Detectability of Entanglement
- 2018 Chinese Physics Olympiad (Provincial), First Prize (Rank 1st in Hebei Province).
- 2019 China Undergraduate Physics Tournament, Third Prize.
- 2019 Solid ball throwing, Tsinghua sports meeting, Top 8th.
- 2020-2021 Comprehensive Excellent Award, Tsinghua University.
- 2020-2021 Outstanding Youth, Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences.
- Physical Review Letters 129, 230503 (2022), Editors’ Suggestion (Top 16%)
- Media Report: Phys.org
- Pengyu Liu, Zhenhuan Liu, Shu Chen, Xiongfeng Ma
Detecting Entanglement in Quantum Many-body Systems via Permutation Moments
- To appear in PRL.
- Zhenhuan Liu, Yifan Tang, Hao Dai, Pengyu Liu, Shu Chen, Xiongfeng Ma
RobustState: Variational Quantum State Preparation with Noise-Aware Gradients
- ASPLOS2023 in submission.
- Hanrui Wang*, Yilian Liu*, Pengyu Liu*, Jiaqi Gu, Zirui Li, Zhiding Liang, Jinglei Cheng, Yongshan Ding, Xuehai Qian, Yiyu Shi, David Pan, Fred Chong, Song Han
QuEst: Graph Transformer for Quantum Circuit Reliability Estimation
- ICCAD2022 Accepted.
- Hanrui Wang, Pengyu Liu, Jinglei Cheng, Zhiding Liang, Jiaqi Gu, Zirui Li, Yongshan Ding, Weiwen Jiang, Yiyu Shi, Xuehai Qian, David Z. Pan, Frederic T. Chong, Song Han
FPQA: Field Programmable Quantum Array Compilation with Flying Ancillas
- ISCA2023 in submission.
- Hanrui Wang, Bochen Tan, Pengyu Liu, Yilian Liu, Jiaqi Gu, Jason Cong, Song Han
SIMUQ: A Domain-Specific Language for Quantum Simulation With Analog Compilation
- PLDI 2023 in submission.
- Yuxiang Peng, Jacob Young, Pengyu Liu, Xiaodi Wu
- Nand2Tetris: Building a computer with OS and compiler from the ground up.
- A diffusion equation solver.
- A Texas hold’em AI agent.
- Neural network compression
- Homomorphic encryption
- Intractability in game theory
- Variational quantum algorithm
- Monitor of Yao Class (Yao Class 91).
- Best Class Award in Tsinghua.
- Vice-chairman of the Student Warm&Love Association.
- Best-10 Association in Tsinghua.
- Member of Organizing Committee of Quantum Computer System Lecture Series
- Member of Organizing Committee of Yao Seminar
- Teaching Assistant of Quantum Communication and Cryptography